Re: [NA-User] NA crash course for FD

To: Chuck Lewis <clewis@knology.net>, k8bb@comcast.net,na-user@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [NA-User] NA crash course for FD
From: Dan Zeitlin <k2ywe@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2005 09:59:42 -0700 (PDT)
In addition to the flexability mentioned in some of the other eamils,
at W3AO we found that being able to chat over the network helps to
maintain team spirit.  Two years ago we implemented a wireless
component to our network to tie in operators in positions separated
from the "main" tent.  It really helps provide team cohesiveness.
Dan

--- Chuck Lewis <clewis@knology.net> wrote:

> Don,
>
> I'll hunt for the cheatsheet I made once, and if I can find it in
> digital
> form I'll send it. But why are you networking for FD? ARRL only
> requires
> dupe sheets, and as long as they're separated by band/mode, you can
> run the
> stations independently. Unless there's some other reason, it sure
> seems like
> a lot of trouble. There are no mults, so moving a stn. to another
> band
> doesn't gain much, either. Just curious!
>
> If I find the cue card only on paper, I can scan it and send as an
> attachment if that would help.
>
> Chuck, N4NM
> (I'll be @ K4BFT 20/80CW)

Dan Zeitlin - K2YWE