[RFI] PC Speakers

To: <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: [RFI] PC Speakers
From: EDWARDS, EDDIE J" <eedwards@oppd.com (EDWARDS, EDDIE J)
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2000 10:18:56 -0500
Roger's suggestion is right on.  Buy, if you don't already own, a good
shielded set of speakers to take.  If they pick up RF in the shack add
ferrites.  The trick here is which end of the speaker wire do you add the
ferrites.  I had to put them on both ends; the PC end and the speaker end.
This is because there's an audio amp inside the speakers that can provide
audio rectification.

My first set of PC spkrs could pick up a local AM broadcast stn on 1110Khz
better than some of my alarm-clock radios.  When I contacted the mfr, they
claim that they had never heard of such a thing.

Yea, right! ;^)

73,
de ed -K0iL

To: <rfi@contesting.com>