[RFI] Computer RFI problem

To: <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: [RFI] Computer RFI problem
From: nwtncc@iswt.com (James Hall)
Date: Sun, 4 Aug 2002 11:19:27 -0500
Thank you Ian, for your very thoughtful response !  The antenna is about
50 feet from the operating position.  Interestingly, it replaces a R7
vertical on which the fiberglass coupling at the base failed during a
thunderstorm and the whole thing came down !  The newer R7000 has the
problem (and is using the same coax)!  Anyway, I was thinking along the
current balun idea and actually installed one of RadioWorks 'line
isolators' but at the antenna switch.  This had the effect of lowering
the intensity of the interference but it was still S9 (not at a current
maximum - interesting).  The logistics will be interesting to do as you
suggest - crawl into the rafters above in what will be approx. 115
degrees F to a point about 15- 20 feet down the coax and coil up loops
of coax and tape/bind them up - and hope I have enough coax to do it
(ah, but easier to add coax at the END !!).  Well, I'm still linber
enough to do this.  One question - what diameter should the loops be ?

Jamie
WB4YDL