[RFI] RFI resistant telephones

To: <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: [RFI] RFI resistant telephones
From: wb3fsr@comcast.net (Peter's Mail)
Date: Sun, 01 Dec 2002 11:05:03 -0500
Ed,

Panasonic Gigarange (two-Line) and they have a single line 2.4 GHz
wireless with all the features one might want -

Tested with full legal limit 1.8 MHz - 12. GHz NO interference 0000

I tried many filters internally and with the Telco b 4 I came across
these phones.

Now my wife is happy when I'm running DX or a contest and she is on the
phone.

$150.00 - $250 depending on model

73

REN WB3FSR

Behalf
> Of Edward F. Douglass
> Sent: Sunday, December 01, 2002 10:54
> To: rfi@contesting.com
> Subject: [RFI] RFI resistant telephones
>
> I am new to the list.  I have read the last few month's "traffic" but
have
> not found a thread dealing with telephone RFI, and RFI-resistant
> telephones
> in particular.
>
> As part of my diagnosis, I need an RFI-resistant telephone in order to
> determine if phone company equipment (lightning arrester, RF bypass
> capacitors, or other devices) are rectifying my transmit RF and
putting
> audio on the phone line.
>
> All of my phones are sensitive to RF because in spite of a variety of
> chokes and filters, I hear my SSB audio on every phone.  Some are less
> sensitive than others but they all have objectionable audio on them.
Of
> course, the audio could be coming from phone company equipment or
faults
> in
> my phone wiring as well as my own phones.  If either of these
happening,
> no
> amount of filtering or choking will solve the interference problem.
>
> The ARRL RFI tech site mentions the Radio Shack ET-171 as a phone that
is
> pretty resistant to RF.  However, my Radio Shack catalog no longer
lists
> this model.
>
> I am aware of the "bullet proof" phones from TCE Laboratories and Pro
> Distributors but they cost $80.  I would like to find a less expensive
> test
> instrument.
>
> Can anyone recommend a phone that I could buy at a WalMart, Target,
Radio