Re: [RFI] LCD Monitors

To: Pete Smith <n4zr@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] LCD Monitors
From: WA2BPE <wa2bpe@infoblvd.net>
Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2003 14:51:56 -0400
Replaced a dying CRT monitor here with a 15" Samsung 150S (~$260 at "Sam's
Club") - all monitor EMI garbage in shack appears gone and not one bad/missing
pixel.  If some is spotted in the future, details will be posted.  Another nice
thing about a 15" LCD monitor is that the viewable area approaches that of a
17" CRT (15" vs 16" diagonal usable).

73, Tom - WA2BPE

Pete Smith wrote:

> I recently lost my hamshack LCD monitor in a lightning storm.  While at
> Circuit City last week, I saw a Liquid Vision 15" monitor for $249.95 with
> a $50 mail-in rebate.  In side-by-side comparison with other flat panel
> displays costing up to $200 more, I thought the Liquid Vision display was
> noticeably superior.  I bought one and took it home, with misgivings about
> RFI (see, I got it in) from the little switching power supply, but to my
> delight none are audible.  I'm really sold on LCDs for hamshack use, and at
> least the prices are starting to get reasonable.
>
> 73, Pete N4ZR
> The World HF Contest Station Database was updated August 4.
> 123 stations were added or updated.
> Are you current? www.pvrc.org/wcsd/wcsdsearch.htm

> ---
> [This E-mail scanned for viruses by Information Boulevard's Virus Scanning]

---
[This E-mail scanned for viruses by Information Boulevard's Virus Scanning]