[RFI] high noise level...

To: <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: [RFI] high noise level...
From: "Paul Walsh" <woly@wimpley.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2003 12:16:54 +0100
Thanks to everyone that has replyed to my first posting with help,

I am not currently using a balun on the quad, so i will make one today and see
if this makes any difference.
The noise seems to be a continuos 'hash' which doesnt change at all. It always
seems to be there, but sometimes not as strong. I sometimes notice that it
dissapears from about 7:40AM and returns around 12:30PM, but this is not always
the case. Im begining to think that the strength of the noise varies on the
weather, but im not sure on this.
The nearest powerlines are some 1/4 mile away from the antenna, but it is above
telephone lines. Could these be causing the noise? even though the noise dosent
vary by a noticable amount when winding the tower up to 50ft from 25ft.

thanks
Paul
G3PJV..