Fw: [RFI] TVI

To: "RFI" <RFI@contesting.com>
Subject: Fw: [RFI] TVI
From: "Tom Rauch" <w8ji@contesting.com>
Date: Sat, 6 Mar 2004 19:33:19 -0500
> I am only asking the question.  I thought I read that we need to be
careful
> using bypass caps on speaker leads with modern amplifiers, that it could
> really cause severe damage?  And I am no expert, just looking for comments
> from others to clarify bypass caps on modern audio amplifiers.

This is a very good point, but most amps handle low value capacitors very
well. By low value I mean .01uF or so. As far as I know they all have good
feedback circuits and remain stable. It used to not be true, especially with
high amounts of internal feedback and transformers.

Maybe someone knows differently???

Some integrated output circuits now actually require some shunt C near the
output for stability.

Of course anytime you mess with someone else's gear, you set yourself up for
problems.

73 Tom