Re: [RFI] WSJ & BPL

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] WSJ & BPL
From: W0UN -- John Brosnahan <shr@swtexas.net>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2004 10:29:43 -0600
At 10:02 AM 3/24/2004, Alex wrote:

W0UN -- John Brosnahan wrote:

> BTW  This technology is called PLC in Europe--doing a search on PLC
> will add to your knowledge.  Ever wonder why the name was CHANGED?

Isn't that to distinguish between the already existing PLC
infrastructure and what's now called BPL. PLC already exists for quite
some time.

Probably so, but I was trying to instill in Ken Brown the idea that BPL is such a turkey that they have already had to change the name to help hide that fact. It WAS playing with the truth (sorta) but I wanted to raise some questions in his mind to get him to dig deeper.

--John

---