Re: [RFI] Wasted and Useful Bandwidth

To: "RFI Reflector" <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Wasted and Useful Bandwidth
From: "Ward Silver" <hwardsil@centurytel.net>
Date: Sat, 1 May 2004 09:05:24 -0700
A recent innovation that I overlooked is the SteppIR antenna.  Many
government installations can us a SteppIR instead of a big log-periodic,
reducing installation cost from near or in the six-figure range to less than
$25k while dramatically lowering the profile of the hardware.  This was
developed by amateurs for amateurs.

In fact, I believe the word "crazy" was used to describe the idea
originally, but Mike and John Mertell made it work.

73, Ward N0AX