Re: [RFI] Wasted and Useful Bandwidth

To: "Ward Silver" <hwardsil@centurytel.net>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Wasted and Useful Bandwidth
From: Bill Turner <wrt@dslextreme.com>
Date: Sun, 02 May 2004 08:25:22 -0700
On Sat, 1 May 2004 08:30:31 -0700, Ward Silver wrote:

>Automotive improvements that we all enjoy as a result of experimentation on
>race day include synthetic motor oil

Some people use synthetic in the family sedan, but not many judging by
what I see in the shopping carts at WalMart.  I could be wrong.

>improved belt materials

Ok, if you say so.

>low density alloys suitable for engine block conditions

Gimme cast iron, anytime.  Too many horror stories about other
materials.  Fine for racing maybe, but not in my car please.

> vast improvements in fuel injection and efficiency

Mandated by the feds; would have happened with or without racing.

> - and those are just the few that come to mind for
>me, Mr. Engine Ignoramus.  If you asked a knowledgeable race fan, you'll get
>a huge list.

I'm sure there are other examples but if the average guy like me can't
think of them, they can't be much.

--
Bill, W6WRT
QSLs via LoTW