RE: [RFI] Broadband over Power Line (BPL) radio interference

To: "'Hare,Ed, W1RFI'" <w1rfi@arrl.org>, <rfi@contesting.com>,<bplandhamradio@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: RE: [RFI] Broadband over Power Line (BPL) radio interference
From: "Dave Bernstein" <dave.bernstein@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2004 18:34:56 -0400
If you've arranged for local hams to cover every active and imminently
active BPL pilot, then my criticism was indeed incorrect. Is there a similar
effort aimed at hams working for public service agencies that use HF? A BPL
shutdown due to unmitigated interference to a public service agency would be
immensely valuable.

As for publicizing BPL pilots, naming the "local ham coordinator" for each
and encouraging those interested in helping to engage by contacting the
coordinator would retain the appropriate local control. In general, these
efforts suffer from a shortage of voluntary manpower rather than a surplus,
but perhaps the anti-BPL effort is an exception.

According to
http://www.broadbandhorizons.com/bpl_networks/news_events/bpl_7_14_2003.htm
, Blanco TX was activated in mid-June, along with Burnet TX and Weimar TX.

Now that you've published the list of active BPL pilots here, I hope that
you will reconsider, and maintain this information on the web site, along
with local coordinators.

In case my previous comments were insufficiently direct, we need an
effective anti-BPL web site, not a cleaned up version of the current web
page.

   73,

      Dave, AA6YQ