RE: [RFI] Broadband over Power Line (BPL) radio interference

To: "Hare,Ed, W1RFI" <w1rfi@arrl.org>
Subject: RE: [RFI] Broadband over Power Line (BPL) radio interference
From: Hisashi T Fujinaka <htodd@twofifty.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2004 16:33:34 -0700 (PDT)
Nobody was being publically insultive until you took the tack of calling
most hams unworthy of full disclosure. I thank you for later giving out
the information of BPL trials. I'm certainly not going to drive to the
nearest trial and set up a mobile kilowatt, but it's nice to know that
there are planned BPL trials in the next state over. I'd hate to get my
RFI sensing gear together only to find out that the noise I'm hearing is
actually BPL and not something closer to home that I can do something
about. (The light rail power lines and a dirty power line insulator are
two things I'm going to have to DF sooner rather than later.)

Also, I just jumped into the middle of this but I found your tone
(starting Friday, not any earlier) much ruder and even insulting to Dave
Berenstein's. Since the League has specifically asked for my money to
combat BPL, I expect there to be some benefit that I can see beyond the
kind where I'm supposed to trust that it's happening. To the casual
observer (me) it sounded like you were shutting Dave Berenstein out.

So if you're going to take votes for who is publically insultive, I'm
sorry, but I vote for the ARRL Laboratory Manager.