Re: [RFI] rf and insulin pumps

To: "rfi@contesting.com" <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] rf and insulin pumps
From: "Jim Brown" <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2005 22:11:36 -0600
On Mon, 14 Feb 2005 03:50:21 +0000, S. Markowski Jr. wrote:

>The Brand/model is Medtronic Paradigm 515/715 Insulin Pump.  In some of
>the literature there is mention of a RF feature that ties the pump and
>metering together.  No mention of frequency used, etc...
>I have written the representative of Medtronic to find out frequency
>used, potential of unit receiving RFI , etc.

I would take a WAG (wild-assed guess) and say that it's on a VHF TV channel. My
understanding is that medical devices have been there for some years. I know
they had to do a mad scramble in the Dallas area when a new DTV assignment
ended
up on a VHF channel (9?) used by some of those devices.

Jim Brown  K9YC