[RFI] San Diego BPL

To: <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: [RFI] San Diego BPL
From: "Ford Peterson" <ford@cmgate.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2005 12:39:18 -0600
>From the ARRL home page this afternoon:

"...The SDG&E staffers said they were unimpressed by early BPL equipment, but
were encouraged by a December visit to the Cinergy BPL system in
Cincinnati--said to pass some 50,000 homes reportedly without generating any
interference complaints so far. Cinergy has partnered with Current Technologies
in its BPL venture."

Is this true?  That Cincinnati has had 50,000 homes being supplied high speed
access without complaints?  If this is NOT true, then why the heck aren't hams
screaming bloody murder in the streets of Cincinatti?

If the Cincinnati system is proving to be useful and interference free, then we
should support the effort in San Diego.  If it is NOT interference free, then
we need to be making a concerted effort to inform the public accordingly.

So what of this claim of no complaints in Cincinnati?  Is it true or not?

Ford-N0FP
ford@cmgate.com