Re: [RFI] GFI/RF interference

To: "RFI" <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] GFI/RF interference
From: "Cortland Richmond" <ka5s@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2005 12:41:17 -0800
Bud,

I believe it.

A cellular telephone has enough power to upset a number of devices if
placed next to them or on them. Want to try with a defibrillator? No? I
don't blame you -- grin!  Modulation type matters, too.

And remember; the candle that can't warm a room is hot enough to ignite a
curtain.

In the USA there is no statutory requirement GFCI's be immune to RF.

Cortland
KA5S