Re: [RFI] GFI/RF interference

To: sebdesn <sebdesn@ecentral.com>, RFI <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] GFI/RF interference
From: Michael Germino <ad6aa@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2005 09:33:25 -0800 (PST)
Several years ago I bought a amplifier and decided very early one morning to
see what it could put out on 40 Meters.  The antenna was a dipole over the top
of the house.  Well, before I was finished tuning up the Amp, the XYL came in
mad as a wet hen.  Her hair dryer was plugged in and all of the smoke was
released from the GFI, that was on the cord, rather loudly.  It was the only
GFI affected in the house.

Mike
AD6AA

sebdesn wrote:
I am on a building trades board and there is a chap who claims that a cell
phone, sitting next to a GFI, causes it to trip. Anyone ever heard of
this???? Seems strange, since I, like probably most of us, have never
tripped a GFI with rf.And we have a whole lot more than the 700mw. that a
cell puts out floating around.(the rf burns from the old am days on 160 have
healed...HIHI..)
Bud WØHG