Re: [RFI] Pogo

To: W2RU@frontiernet.net, rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] Pogo
From: W3DMB@aol.com
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2005 00:51:41 EDT

Walt Kelly first used the quote "We Have Met The Enemy and  He Is Us" on a
poster for Earth Day in 1970. The poster is shown above. In 1971,  he did a two
panel version with Pogo and Porky in a trash filled swamp. This is  the only
example I know of with a balloon, indicating Pogo responding to Porky  with
"YEP, SON, WE HAVE MET THE ENEMY AND HE IS US." In 1972, it was the title  of a
book, Pogo: We Have Met the Enemy and He Is Us. OGPI had the

de W3DMB

In a message dated 7/27/05 9:45:42 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
W2RU@frontiernet.net writes:

> [...]

Actually, I think he said, "We has met the enemy, and he is  us."