Re: [RFI] New unidentified QRN source

To: "'K4RO Kirk Pickering'" <k4ro@k4ro.net>, <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] New unidentified QRN source
From: "Jim P" <jvpoll@dallas.net>
Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2005 09:01:16 -0500
> I believe the source is an internal sparking source.

Good point.

It should have 'rung a bell' here what with the cycling
on and off behavior that this source exhibits - similar
to the cycling that a 'thermal overload' switch found
in ... doorbell transformers (and the like) can do at
advanced age!

I've experienced a few and tracked down several in my
area - usually going into or during the warmer months ...

Jim P  / WB5WPA /