Re: [RFI] New source of noise

To: "'Henry Pfizenmayer'" <pfizenmayer@worldnet.att.net>,"'RFI List'" <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] New source of noise
From: "Jay Bareman" <Radio_Q@mchsi.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2005 16:03:48 -0500
Hi all

I've had several printers in my shack that had switching power supplies 'in
the cord' and thus the units were powered on all the time even if the front
switch was turned off.  This let the computer command the unit ON when it
needed to print.  Every one of them would make radio noise and it seemed to
get worse if the printer was off and thus a very light load was on the power
supply.  I would put ferrite chokes on the power lines and that seemed to
keep the problem to a manageable level.

These were all HP units so add them to your list of 'bewares'!!

73's all

Jim  K5QQ