Re: [RFI] BPL vs shares & ham radio....KATRINA

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] BPL vs shares & ham radio....KATRINA
From: doc <kd4e@verizon.net>
Date: Sat, 03 Sep 2005 10:50:33 -0400
Amen and amen!

I have been enjoying the discussion on the towertalk re. the value
of quads in resisting certain types/sources/causes of rf noise.

I would also be interested in any mobile filters folks have
employed that are effective in removing rf noise generated by
power lines/CATV/etc.

It can be impossibly noisy here in west central Florida.  It is
obviously the lines because it rises in certain sections of road
and is consistent over time.

Anyone had any success in getting power and CATV companies to
fix these problems or do they just ignore the requests?

doc

 > Rob Atkinson, K5UJ wrote:
> I'm not sure this is the time to start pursuing an anti-BPL agenda.
> One of the problems with the hurricane at this point is special interest
> groups degrading the signal to noise ratio with a lot of agenda driven
> commentary.   there will be plenty of time during the post-mortem period
> later on, to discuss BPL, global warming, racism and all the other stuff
> people are dredging up at this point, which to me, is diverting time and
> energy away from disaster relief.  I realize no one here has been
> talking about global warming and racism--i merely mentioned them as
> examples of other issues coming up right now.   I think the politicians
> like Mark Kirk who is currently on Navy reserve duty  have enough to do,
> and bringing up BPL might only be an irritation to him and others, and
> be counter productive for ham radio.     I suggest we wait until things
> stabilize.  I assure you, there is going to be a seemingly endless
> period of inquiries, reviews, gassing, and so on once the dust starts to
> settle--ample opportunity at that point to talk about BPL; but not now.

Can we all just help the hurting and save the criticism?
LIST OF ORGANIZATIONS WHO ARE HELPING KATRINA'S VICTIMS:
http://www.bibleseven.com/em.html

Thanks! & 73, doc kd4e

           |_|___|_|
           | | & | |