Re: [RFI] BPL vs shares & ham radio....KATRINA

To: "'Rob Atkinson, K5UJ'" <k5uj@hotmail.com>, <ny9h@arrl.net>,<rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] BPL vs shares & ham radio....KATRINA
From: "Ed -K0iL" <eedwards@tconl.com>
Date: Sat, 3 Sep 2005 09:45:47 -0500
I agree with your statements Rob about waiting to bring up the issue;
however, NOW IS THE TIME to make recordings of emergency nets from noisy BPL
areas.  This is something that cannot be done after the nets are shutdown.

Since most BPL trials are located in areas where there usually aren't any
hams, any ham who cannot travel to and participate directly in the relief
effort but has a mobile radio and BPL nearby, should go to a trial area and
attempt to make recordings of BPL causing interference to "Emergency Nets".

We need to counter the arguments that once a disaster happens all power is
out so the interference is gone.  We all know the other end of the comm
circuit needs to be able to rcv as well--so a recording would provide proof
of this.

Of course this would be something to bring up AFTER the dust has settled.

73, de ed -K0iL