Re: [RFI] Can Fluorescent bulbs cause RFI problems?

To: Scott Neader KA9FOX <ka9fox@qth.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Can Fluorescent bulbs cause RFI problems?
From: MikeR <nf4l@nf4l.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2005 07:29:34 -0400
Scott -
I put the screw in type in the ceiling fixture in the shack, and the
adjacent kitchen and garage have tube fixtures. I've noticed no RFI. The
screw-ins (2x60 watt)are dimmer than I'd like, so I'll go to higher
power next time. They're not lasting 4-7 years though. More like 9
months. I can't tell any difference in my electric bill either. I think
it would be in the cents rather than dollar range.
73, Mike, NF4L