Re: [RFI] Mobile amps and vehicle issues

To: Howard Lester <hlester@mmto.org>, rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] Mobile amps and vehicle issues
From: Michael Germino <ad6aa@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2006 14:03:03 -0800 (PST)
Don't give up.  "Away" is relative, any separation is better than none, 4
inches of separation is a lot more than twice as good as 2 inches.  Don't run
cables and coax parallel to any automotive wiring if you can help it, if you
have to run parallel keep the distance as short as possible.  Don't worry as
much if you are crossing at right angles.

  I thought about my installation for a couple of weeks before I decided how I
was going to install everything.

  Radios with remote heads can help with the placement of the coax and power
leads.

  Mike
  AD6AA

Howard Lester <hlester@mmto.org> wrote:
  > 1. Route cables and coax away from EVERYTHING.

Mike, this is where I stopped with an attempt at an installation of a simple
2-meter 50w unit. What is "everything?" It'd seem that anywhere I'd route
the power lead and the coax, they'd be next to "something," identifiable or
not.

So I gave up.

Howard N7SO