Re: [RFI] Mobile amps and vehicle issues

To: "Michael Germino" <ad6aa@sbcglobal.net>, <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Mobile amps and vehicle issues
From: Dave NØRQ <n0rq-lists@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2006 08:25:33 -0600
Not all GM vehicles are quiet.

My 2003 Chevy Express van (with gasoline Vortec 6000 6 liter engine)
is very noisy, peaking on 6 meters.  A number of attempts to cure it
via normal recommended methods have all failed.  The dealer is
absolutely useless, even though I showed them how weak AM
broadcast stations on the factory radio were significantly impacted
by the engine noise.

I've basically given up, since NB on the Kenwood TS-480
does a fairly decent job of reducing the noise.

- Dave N0RQ