Re: [RFI] Towers/Antennas Near 138kV Transmission Lines

To: <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Towers/Antennas Near 138kV Transmission Lines
From: "Ed Swynar" <gswynar@durham.net>
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2006 07:50:03 -0500
Hi Doc,

I'd stay away from a site like that strictly for the possible effect(s) the
magnetic field around those lines might have upon my HEALTH, never mind its
effect on my radio activities...!

Some 30 years ago I recall reading a byline in NEWSWEEK magazine where
researches noted that the scrub & bushes growing out in the middle of the
mid-Western USA that were directly beneath long expanses of overhead utility
lines were noticeably smaller, & less-robust looking, than growth outside of
the immediate field...then about a decade or two after that piece, I saw a
TV feature that described what appeared to be a connection between overhead
lines & childhood leukemia.

Yes, the jury may well still be out on any sort of a direct link(s), but why
take chances that way, if you really don't have to...?

~73~ Eddy VE3CUI - VE3XZ