Re: [RFI] DFing an HF RFI source

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] DFing an HF RFI source
From: Peter Burbank <nv4v@adelphia.net>
Date: Tue, 03 Oct 2006 03:35:28 -0400
At 07:56 PM 10/2/2006, Kelly Johnson wrote:

>I have an RFI source in my neighborhood that I'd like to track down,
>but could use some advice.
>
>The noise source sounds like a "click" or small burst of energy at
>approximately 1Hz.  In other words, I hear a burst of RFI a little
>faster than once per second.

Kelly,
FWIW I have 2 evil devices at my QTH that emit a burst about once per second.
Both are battery chargers. One is a very common Wally World auto
battery charger
and the other is a Bell South remote phone cradle. It occurs at full charge.
Neither is audible outside the residence or bother my neighbors. I
just unplug them when operating.
Good luck es 73
Pete NV4V