[RFI] Interference on TV using 2 meters

To: <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: [RFI] Interference on TV using 2 meters
From: "Bert Almemo" <balmemo@sympatico.ca>
Date: Sun, 29 Oct 2006 16:34:45 -0500
Hello everybody!

Many thanks to all who provided answers with suggestions and tips how to
solve my RFI problems on 2 meters.

During the weekend I bumped in to a couple of knowledgeable hams at a local
hamfest, who informed me of some possible venues to take as far as involving
the authorities are concerned. My best bet to get things under way though
seems to be to try to find a possible leak in the old CATV system and call
the local cable company. Hopefully, they should be eager to fix a problem in
their distribution system if I can prove a leakage, but I'm not holding my
breath!!

One thing that amazes me is how governments can allow a cable tv channel
frequency to be within a frequency band allocated and licensed for exclusive
use by radio amateurs. Even if no leakage is demanded by authorities, we all
know that RF will find its way in or out of everything. Nothing is really
leak proof.

I will hopefully be able to take some actions in the coming week to start
the process of sorting out the mess I'm in.

I'll keep the list posted of my progress. Thanks again for helping out and
if you're coming up with any other ideas how to solve this problem, I'm all
ears.

73 Bert, VE3OBU