Re: [RFI] wireless power at 6.4 MHz?

To: <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] wireless power at 6.4 MHz?
From: "David Robbins K1TTT" <k1ttt@arrl.net>
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2006 14:31:02 -0000
Induction without a ferromagnetic material to contain the flux still results
in a magnetic field in the air, and where there is a changing magnetic field
there will be an electric field and therefore radiation.  It obviously won't
be efficient if they keep the transmitter antenna small, but then again, as
implied by your statement about the quicker decay of the field, the
inductive transfer will be even less efficient.  So like any small magnetic
loop antenna or any other small coil, it will 'radiate'.

Personally I think the charging 'pad' concept is much better, at least there
you can closely couple to a pickup coil which should reduce the radiation
quite a bit.

David Robbins K1TTT
e-mail: mailto:k1ttt@arrl.net
web: http://www.k1ttt.net