Re: [RFI] wireless power at 6.4 MHz?

To: "Martin AA6E" <aa6e@ewing.homedns.org>, <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] wireless power at 6.4 MHz?
From: "Tom Rauch" <w8ji@contesting.com>
Date: Sun, 19 Nov 2006 07:57:52 -0500
> Beware - math & physics.

Beware, doubletalk using uncommon words that really don't
mean anything profound. It reminds me of statements like "we
visited our mother's mother's house" instead of "we went to
grandmas's" or most recently "we will only lose this war if
we quit".

>The trick is to get slow enough
> exponential attenuation.  To answer my original question,
> it seems that 6.4 MHz is the frequency for optimal power
> transfer, given some particular geometry, i.e. a typical
> room size, etc.

After reading all that my conclusion is we need to stress a
little more lab time and give up a little computer time.

The effect they talk about is the same effect any of us who
have used a grid dip meter to couple with a high Q resonant
tank circuit observed. It's also the effect that allows
wider  spacing between coils in an IF transformer with
high-Q resonant windings than we would have in a low Q
system.

What they miss is how well-known the effect really is.
Probably too much time spent on the computer and not
actually looking at the real world.

....and the answer is still yes, it will radiate like crazy
if it is able to transfer energy over any distance unless
inside a closed volume of space. Spare me from the babble
that really translates to things like "if we create an
induction field it will be a rapidly decaying field" or "if
we confine the field to a small area it will be confined to
small area".

This is the same junk science that got us into trouble with
BPL.

73 Tom