[RFI] Identification Help Addendum

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: [RFI] Identification Help Addendum
From: "John" <n0ee@juno.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2007 13:40:21 GMT
  It figures that no sooner than I post a synopsis of my problem to the
list that the interference has changed.  It now cycles 3 seconds on and
3 seconds off, and has been doing that continuously all night.  It is a
ststic-like/white noise sound, totally wipes out most signals, but now
starts near the 40 meter band and goes through at least 30mhz.  I don't
have any AM receivers that receive above 30mhz so I have no idea how
far up in frequency the interference goes...
  Something tells me it is not power lines but a consumer product in my
neighborhood.  Anyone dealt with this type of cycling interference?  Do
you think if I advised the power company they might come out and sweep
the neighborhood, at least to eliminate that it is not something from
the power grid?