Re: [RFI] Topband: N6TR JA noise update

To: ON4WW Mark Demeuleneere <on4ww@on4ww.be>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Topband: N6TR JA noise update
From: Tree <tree@kkn.net>
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2007 09:27:32 -0800
On Mon, Jan 29, 2007 at 12:17:04PM +0100, ON4WW Mark Demeuleneere wrote:

> Any response from your neighbors? Did u find the noise source?

Hi Mark.

I did get some responses - but so far, no identification of the device.

However, the frequency of the noise is very sporadic now - and we only heard
it once during the CQ 160 contest - for five seconds.

Obviously, if it stays "asleep" - I will never find it - but it isn't a problem.
I am just worried it will come back.

Best working thoery I have in my head is a battery charger.

Maybe there was a shorted battery in it for six weeks.  Then they put a
discharged battery in it - and it turned on constantly to charge it up
and now it is just in "float" mode.

It is hard to believe there isn't some connection between me sending out
letters and that fact that nothing had changed in the six weeks before I
did.  I will send out one last letter (hopefully the last one) and give
the "all clear" - but put a postcard in it in case someone found what it
was.

I did find one neighbor who wants to become a ham - so maybe something
good will come out of it.

Tree