[RFI] Long distance grounding

To: <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: [RFI] Long distance grounding
From: "Dave Cook" <davepc2@netdave.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2007 17:53:43 -0700
Hi folks, I'm revamping my shack and and wondering how to ground a set of
radios that is on the opposite wall from where my RF ground is located. The
primary location is occupied by one set of radios and the only other place
for the other set is on the opposite wall which is 14 feet across the room.
Given this distance, routing the ground wire would probably result in at
least 20 feet before it reaches the main ground bus. This is located at an
interior wall, so there's no other way to run a shorter ground outside of
the house except straight down through an inaccessible portion of the
crawlspace.

I'm wondering if the long ground line would be feasible, or would it simply
become part of the antenna system? If the latter, what other alternatives
might I have?

Thanks and 73, Dave, WA0TTN