[RFI] N6CW TVI

To: RFI@contesting.com
Subject: [RFI] N6CW TVI
From: CatWhiskR@aol.com
Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2007 10:46:55 EDT
All,

Just to clarify, it is on all channels when using 50 Mhz. It is a CATV
system. The TVI affects the sound much more quickly than the video. In other
words,
I can rotate my antenna from 1. no TVI, to 2. taking out the sound but not the
picture, to 3. taking out both sound and picture. No TVI is when the antenna
is at right angles to the house and full TVI is when the antenna is directly
over the house. Two (2) watts will take it out when the antenna is directly
over the house. 100 watts will cause no TVI when the antenna is at right angles
to the house.

I had basically the same problem on HF but with toroids on the CATV cable and
the power cord I have no TVI, even with a KW.

Terry/N6CW