[RFI] refrigerator rfi

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: [RFI] refrigerator rfi
From: "S. Markowski Jr." <km9m-zig@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2008 16:24:46 +0000
If it is the defroster, most automatic defrosters run on a 4-6 hr cycle,
lasting 20-40 minutes in length.
During this time, heater elements melt the ice in the evaporator section
(inside the freezer)
A 9 yr old refrig can certainly have this failure.

At times (depending on the element used), I've seen evidence of arcing
before the total failure.
Never heard of rfi from one, but then again I don't think I took care of
a ham's refrigerator in the 9+
yrs I did refrigeration repair p.t. for a major U.S. dept store chain.

Be sure to get it checked/fixed.. It could be a fire hazard.

Best of luck and 73,
Zig - KM9M