Re: [RFI] DirecTV to ground or not to ground

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] DirecTV to ground or not to ground
From: Alan NV8A <nv8a@att.net>
Date: Sat, 20 Dec 2008 16:14:47 -0500
On 12/20/08 03:12 pm rick darwicki wrote:

> My DTV antenna cable has an external ground wire that is broken off about 8
> feet from the dish and not grounded to the converter box.
>
> Question, for TVI (not worried about lightning around here) should I fix it
> and ground the antenna mount to the box?

It is my understanding that the National Electric Code requires that
your satellite dish be connected to the same ground as your power
company's and telephone company's grounds and to your ham radio
station's ground -- all of them tied together.

This is a matter of electrical safety. The NEC couldn't care less about TVI.

73

Alan NV8A