Re: [RFI] Nasty RFI wiping out higher bands

To: "Leigh L. Klotz, Jr WA5ZNU" <Leigh@WA5ZNU.org>, <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Nasty RFI wiping out higher bands
From: "Howard Lester" <hlester@dakotacom.net>
Date: Fri, 2 Jan 2009 14:16:08 -0700
From: "Leigh L. Klotz, Jr WA5ZNU" <Leigh@WA5ZNU.org>

> As a result of my eHam article on the bad interference generated by the
> Whirlpool Duet series (same electronics as certain Sears models) I get
> about one email message per month from a ham who has one, or whose
> neighbor has one.  About half of them take my advice to call Whirlpool
> and complain, and all of those who get back to me have told me the same
> thing: Whirlpool tells them they are the first person ever to complain
> about it.

Leigh, I know a fellow who was a chief engineer at a sizeable tv station (in
a sizeable city!). That was *their* standard line whenever anyone called to
complain about the picture quality on their tv: "Oh! That's the first we've
heard of this!"

Many years ago I called DirecTV to complain that one or two of their
channels wasn't coming in well. The fellow I spoke with gave me that same
line. The problem was mysteriously resolved maybe two days later....

Howard N7SO