Re: [RFI] CFL Life Tests

To: w7map <w7map@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: [RFI] CFL Life Tests
From: "David C. Hallam" <dhallam@rapidsys.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Jan 2009 11:49:52 -0500
w7map wrote:
> The Danes have conducted a CFL life study which was published on the
> net. It is a bit dated but graphs some interesting lifetimes. Some may
> be interested.
>
> http://www.iaeel.org/iaeel/Archive/Right_Light_Proceedings/Proceedings_body/BOK4/RL42pede.pdf
>

> Other sources I found with a google included a study done in Iowa (?) in
> which half the town remained incandescent
> while the other half of the community switched to CFL. The power usage
> in the CFL half went up by 8%. No accounting
> for human nature I guess.
>
> Best,Chas
> -

The paper is interesting reading and I would like to find the Iowa study.

I do NOT want to get into any discussion relative to global warming,
etc. but I have lived long enough to observe any change dictated by
legislative fiat is more than likely to be counter productive. Please
observe, safety belts, motorcycle helmets, 55 mph speed limits, and
ethanol for motor fuel to name a few.  I wonder, with good cause, if
CFL's and digital TV fall in the same category.

David
KC2JD/4