Re: [RFI] update <was> 40m (and other) noise

To: <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] update <was> 40m (and other) noise
From: "Eric - VE3GSI" <ve3gsi@sympatico.ca>
Date: Sat, 11 Apr 2009 22:31:02 -0400
Come on Guys,

I only suggest the little Belkin cube as a line filter, if only for
convenience. NOT for the surge protection!!!! The little one I have, model
F5C594 has been replaced here:

http://catalog.belkin.com/IWCatProductPage.process?Product_Id=124922

Check the features, EMI/RFI up to 43 dB. I sort of recall that is at 100 MHz
so attenuation may not be enough for lower frequencies. I sort of recall
another model is bit more aggressive so anyone looking may wish to check
other cubes.

I am sure someone with a solder gun and pile of parts can make something
that most likely will do a better job. But the fellow's neighbour with the
noisy cell phone charger may not want a home brew box hanging off the wall.
Like I said in my original post, I have had some success with minor noise
problems, including a Dynmax battery charger and our new fang-dangled
washing machine.

Heck if it works, all be it good. If not take it back to the store and get
your $.$$ back, after all Home Depot do have a no questions ask return
policy. <grin>

Happy Easter all, and may Bugs Bunny bring you lots of chocolate.

Eric - VE3GSI

FINI