Re: [RFI] Latest RFI-proof SUVs

To: Gary Smith <wa6fgi@sbcglobal.net>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Latest RFI-proof SUVs
From: "Roger (K8RI)" <k8ri@rogerhalstead.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2009 18:01:26 -0400

Gary Smith wrote:
> Toyota (ne Scion) sent me a nice letter telling me where I should run
> the control and DC cabling in  my `09 Scion xB.  To enlighten you, all
> cabling is ran on the right side of the vehicle they also suggest that
> the rf generator be kept away from the front of the car, not close to
> either drive and passenger seats and the like.

I asked about the rig at the dealers and they installed it for me at no
extra  charge. In the 4-Runner the rig is under the driver's seat with
the wiring under the edge of the carpet and through the firewall right
past the fuse block. They used the Icom wires all the way although I did
put a shield over them in the engine compartment.

73

Roger (K8RI)