Re: [RFI] Latest RFI-proof SUVs

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] Latest RFI-proof SUVs
From: Jimk8mr@aol.com
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2009 07:33:00 EDT
Of course YMMV and all that stuff, but my 2007 Honda Fit suffers from
serious RFI from the Electric Power Steering. I shows as being quiet until the
steering wheel moves, when appears a broadband noise, with peaks and
valleys (mostly peaks) every 20 KHz or so. It continues until 2 seconds after
the
steering has not moved.

The noise is present through 2 meters, and is worst on 15 meters, where it
is S9 on a Ham Stick. It is bad enough to affect reception on weaker FM
broadcast stations.

Otherwise the car is pretty good RFI wise, but here is another noise to
check when looking at cars.

73  -  Jim   K8MR

In a message dated 6/11/2009 1:33:32 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,