Re: [RFI] [TVI-RFI-EMI] Anyone observed damage to the "guard wire ground

To: Andy <ingraham.ma.ultranet@rcn.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] [TVI-RFI-EMI] Anyone observed damage to the "guard wire grounds"?
From: kd4e <doc@kd4e.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 2009 18:54:44 -0500
I am told that this can actually contribute to RFI and can lead
to other problems from the grid, cable, and phone services
into your home.

The copper wire is sometimes stolen (in which case you'd see
long piece missing - generally when metal prices are high), it
could be hit by a large roadside mower (copper is soft),  it
could
have been damaged by a lightning strike, it may not have been
properly installed in the first place - using a defective
crimp which
later failed, it could have been bumped by a vehicle backing up.

No big thing, unless it's your pole or you are trying to
chase RFI
and it is a variable you need to check-off.

--

Thanks! & 73, doc, KD4E
FS/Swap/Wanted: http://kd4e.com/swapn.html