Re: [RFI] Ferrite Beads from DX Engineering

To: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Ferrite Beads from DX Engineering
From: Tree <tree@kkn.net>
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2010 15:18:51 -0800
> Same fundamental idea, except that a ferrite part has much less effect
> at DC and low frequencies than does a resistor, and has more effect at
> high frequencies. In other words, ferrites can probably provide more
> suppression with less effect on motor performance.

I have also used some ferrite and caps to slow down the edges from an
electric fence charger.  I have found that one popular brand has sharp
enough edges that it causes some RFI even if there is nothing wrong with
the fence.  It isn't enough to bother me a mile away - but one of my
neighbors had one and it was a problem when I put a new beverage near
their fence.

Tree N6TR