[RFI] router birdies and short bends in CAT5 or 6

To: ve3yv@pathcom.com
Subject: [RFI] router birdies and short bends in CAT5 or 6
From: "Roger (K8RI)" <k8ri@rogerhalstead.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 2010 16:40:21 -0500
Just remember that too many tight bends can limit the distance you can
go with these cables. OTOH I have those 3, 130' runs that go through the
floor and into PVC conduit. Then make a 90 degree bend up then through
the basement end plate, another 90 in a junction box, up the South
basement wall, another 90, across the garage ceiling, another 90, down
the North wall, a 90, through the wall, a 90, down 2', a 90 37'
underground to the shop, a 90, up the shop wall, a 90 through the wall,
a 90 and to the outlet box which has 3 sockets for RJ45's and it seems
to run just fine.  I had a previous run that had some sharper 90's that
refused to work even 130 feet.

73

Roger (K8RI)