Re: [RFI] Bad QRN on HF

To: rfi@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] Bad QRN on HF
From: Michael Tope <W4EF@dellroy.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2010 17:58:27 -0700
That sounds better, Dana. Much less distortion in the recording. I wish
I could identify the source.

I think your best bet right now is to make some additional observations
of when the noise starts and stops, whether it is consistent from day to
day (e.g. is it better or worse on weekends), whether it builds up or
dies down slowly or suddenly, whether it correlates or anti-correlates
with weather, and whether it consistently appears across the same range
of frequencies. That information (especially the pattern of daily
variation) should be helpful towards narrowing down the possible sources.

Good luck,