Re: [RFI] Grow Lights

To: "RFI RFI" <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] Grow Lights
From: "KD7JYK DM09" <kd7jyk@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 2 Jan 2011 19:46:30 -0800
"Maybe the power company will report sudden grossly abnormal power usage for
an average home.  Who they report to, no one could say....."

I spoke with a utilities investigator about this a couple of years ago.  A
sudden increase in consumption doesn't indicate much, could be a new heater
or cooling system, change in appliances, electric water heater, stove,
dryer, whatever...  If the meter reader notices other things in conjunction
with this, a lot of building materials around, but no obvious upgrades,
excess vehicular traffic, various security measures, lack of improvement to
the land/house/garage, but consumption increases, et cetera, then it is
reported to law enforcement for observation.

We had an instance where out power bill went WAY up, more than the usual for
spring-time irrigation.  I suspected an error in the reading of the meter,
turned out I forgot to turn off the 500W heater in the pump-house!

Kurt