Re: [RFI] The "new" light bulbs; it is accurate.

To: "Diane & Edward Swynar" <deswynar@xplornet.ca>, "Alan NV8A" <nv8a@charter.net>, "RFI Mail Reflector" <rfi@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RFI] The "new" light bulbs; it is accurate.
From: "Gary Smith" <wa6fgi@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2011 13:38:55 -0800
  From: Diane & Edward Swynar
  To: Alan NV8A ; RFI Mail Reflector
  Sent: Tuesday, March 08, 2011 12:02 PM

  On 8th March, Alan wrote:

  "...Re: disposal of CFLs. The same precautions are required as for the
  fluorescent tubes we've been using for decades..."

  Here's an interesting conumdrum that the powers-that-be here in Canada have
  gotten themselves into: we're about 1-2 years away here in the province of
  Ontario from outright BANNING the sale of "standard" incandesecent light
  bulbs, in our wise(?) move to "...go green"...

  ...And yet the federal government in Ottawa is banning/severely restricting
  the use of mercury in consumer goods (like thermometers, thermostats,etc.).

  Interestingly enough, there will be no restrictions on the use of mercury in
  dental fillings, and the wide-open useage of CFLs
  (containing---surprise!---mercury) is to be encouraged, BY LAW...

  Does the right hand even know, or CARE, what the left hand is doing
  anymore...?!

  ~73~ de Eddy VE3CUI - VE3XZ