Re: [RFI] FW: Topband: Exciting noise sources (Tim Duffy K3LR)

To: rfi@contesting.com, garry@ni6t.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] FW: Topband: Exciting noise sources (Tim Duffy K3LR)
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2011 06:01:49 -0700
On 3/29/2011 3:30 AM, Phil Snyder wrote:
> If you have
> the "sniffer" from the utility come out and find things that are in need
> of repair, how do you get the crew out to make those repairs. We have
> had suspect poles/hardware id'd for the last year or so but can't seem
> to get the construction guys out to fix stuff. It's very frustrating but
> I keep calling.

Garry, NI6T, has reported exactly this problem in his pursuit of power
line noise, and it's gone on for years. He has trained PG&E
investigators and helped them find problems, pointing them to the
problematic poles. As he analyzes the problem, the management folks
responsible for FIXING things are rewarded for NOT spending all of their
budgets each year, so they never get fixed.  The power company here is
PG&E.

73, Jim