Re: [RFI] 17 meter signal

To: Larry Benko <xxw0qe@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [RFI] 17 meter signal
From: Tom Thompson <tlthompson@qwest.net>
Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2011 11:25:28 -0600
I just received this note from W9CAR:

Hello everyone,

We have a successful conclusion to this situation to report to you.  We
received word from Laura Smith at the FCC last night at 2330 UTC that
the source had been found and was taken care of.

I waited until this morning to learn a bit more of the details.  A
station in Northern CA had his qwerty keyboard shoved up against his
speed key/bug.   Local FCC agents paid the amateur a visit where they
discovered the reason behind the continuous signal.  It was totally
unintentional on his part.

I will pass along any additional information if the FCC makes it
available later.

I again want to thank everyone for the excellent response to our request
and we can all appreciate the exercise in direction finding the
situation provided.

73,

Chuck Skolaut KØBOG

Field & Regulatory Correspondent

ARRL The national association for Amateur Radio

Problem solved.  73   Tom   W0IVJ