Re: [RFI] Interference from AC units

To: RFI@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RFI] Interference from AC units
From: Richard Battles <wb4byq@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2011 19:08:45 -0500
I have a new home and research the same problem.  i purchased a Rheem system
call the super quite 80 ac/heat pump with lp gas heat backup.  no rfi.  now
i had the installer
put ft-240-43 ferrite cores on the wires leaving the unit to the wall
thermostat, outside unit, and what ever else.  i have taken the yease
ft-897d with a sense ant up to the unit and no reveived
rfi at all.  my system is a seer 13, works very well but the new house has
r-50 in the attic, r-15 plus in outer walls, r-19 in floor, and r-11 in the
interior walls.  my unit uses ac/capacitor start motors.

My neighbor about 400 feet from me installed a Carrier seer 15 unit, and the
ac man used a air handler with ac/capacitor start motors and i hear no RFI.

richard