Re: [RFI] CFL list, anywhere?

To: "Andy" <ingraham.ma.ultranet@rcn.com>, <rfi@contesting.com>, <tvi-rfi-emi@mailman.qth.net>
Subject: Re: [RFI] CFL list, anywhere?
From: Eric - VE3GSI <ve3gsi@sympatico.ca>
Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2011 15:41:29 -0500
This CFL can be added to the list.

Name of Bulb: 'globe' Mini-Spiral 23W
Made in China BH0304
Rating 120V 60Hz 380 ma
FCC ID:N6AFJEE0302

Now, it should be noted when new, this bulb produced no noise.  The CFL bulb
is now about 2 yrs old and starting to produce wide band noise covering 80
meters picked up on a dipole about 100' from the bulb in question..  My
daytime floor noise is normally zero, so it is easy for me to hear even the
slightest change of noise on the band. Those with higher floor noise may not
notice the less then s-1 noise (max).  My thinking is any
electrical/electronic noise is bad even if hidden below any background
noise.

The bulb now lives in a less used utility room.

Eric - VE3GSI